About the Project
Agriculture for Tourism is a research-for-development project that is being undertaken to help smallholder farmers to adapt to and accommodate change and opportunity. It also aims to improve their engagement with local tourism sectors, as a key market. The project will create more resilient communities through collaborative smallholder agri-food partnerships in three agricultural-tourism ecosystems of Indonesia (Bali, NTB (Lombok) and North Sulawesi). The research will enable a better understanding of how agriculture and tourism can be mutually developed for greater community benefit.
The project is a partnership between the University of Adelaide, Udayana University, University of Mataram and Sam Ratulangi University. It is supported by the Australian and Indonesian governments. The project is funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
About the Role
The successful candidates will be important members of the research team. The role requires practical, self-driven and adaptable individuals who work well as a team member and independently.
There are three separate positions, one each will be located in Denpasar (Udayana University), Mataram (University of Matara) and Manado (Sam Ratulangi University).
Each position will primarily be involved in the activities based in the local region and will also be involved in whole-of-project tasks that may be undertaken at one or more of the research locations and online.
Various qualification backgrounds may be considered and final selection of candidates will involve assessment of complementarity of skills and background of each of the three selected candidates.
An applicant may express a location preference, but this preference is not guaranteed as part of an offer. Offers of positions may be for a specific, or a choice of location. There is only one position at each location.
· Liaise with stakeholders including farmers, research participants, value chain businesses, data users, government agencies and community organisations.
· Assist with the preparation and delivery of presentations or workshops (in-person and online).
· Assist with the preparation of reports, study documents, papers, submissions, publications, short articles, workshops and presentations and other materials associated with the project, including with progress reports.
· Assist with literature review and analysis to feed into research reports.
· Assist with research and associated activities in a range of areas relevant to team requirements. Respond to research queries, maintain records and undertake other research tasks as required.
· Assist with the design and implementation of qualitative and/or quantitative research and evaluation activities.
· Contribute to the development of survey instruments and interview protocols, applications for ethical clearance and other research materials as needed.
· Assist with multimedia activities including short videos, newsletters and webinars.
· Assist with administration tasks such as taking minutes, assisting with reporting, organising meetings and events, and co-ordinating quality-assurance processes.
· Attend Institute and other meetings, conferences and seminars, if required.
· Work collaboratively within and between teams to deliver shared project goals.
- Experience in applied research, survey and focus group studies
- Experience in value chain analysis and/or network analysis.
Key attributes of the candidate
- Takes responsibility for seeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed time frames and priorities, committing to producing high quality work, and seeking feedback and guidance when required.
- Well-developed organisational skills, responsiveness, and the ability to have a flexible approach to diverse work demands in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates leadership by contributing new ideas, engaging positively with planning and decision making within the team, initiating improvements and identifying potential risks and opportunities.
Please provide your resume (maximum 2
pages) and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages).
Clearly substantiate how you meet the essential criteria and what you bring to
the project team.
You may indicate your preferences for
locations in your application (including if there is a location you are not
willing to take). Note, a preference is not guaranteed as part of any potential
Submit your application by email to email@example.com.
Put “Project Officer Ag4Tourism” in the subject line. Check you have attached
your resume and cover letter.
Applications must be received by close of
business, 5 January 2024.
Enquiries about the positions: Yayu Indrawati
– Phone/WA +62 812-3754-8976